I've read the comments on this page. There are 8 very irate people and there may be more. However, I'd like to give the other side of the story.

Yes, Sue is quite intense. Overbearing even. Our first interactions with her and the application process mirrors what some have said, minus the rudeness. Since my biggest concern was to get a puppy from a reputable breeder and not a puppy mill type breeder, I figured the crazy intrusive questions showed that she was ensuring (in her own way) that the few litters she bred every year went to good homes.

I got my GDS from her in 2012 and he turns 4 today!! Just had his checkup and he is healthy as a horse. I'll be sending her a pic today so she can see her baby. Will I maybe get back some emails? Yes, but whatever. Dogs have genetic issues specific to their breeds. I had a schnauzer from a reputable breeder who needed thousands of dollars of surgery from kidney stones. Yet he lived to be 13.

You're all correct. If you get a bad vibe from a business don't patronize it. But I will attest to the fact that there is a group of us who are beyond pleased with the pets we have gotten from this breeder. I've been to her home. The dogs are inside. She does have a pathological fear of parvovirus and sent us home with warning after warning. Most my vet of 16 years agreed with. So she doesn't let just anyone come out. But my husband, daughter and I sat in her living room and played with a litter so we could see which one gravitated toward us and which we liked. I can say without hesitation that her home and kennels are spotless.

If for some reason I couldn't keep Otto, I could call her today and take him back. And no, she wouldn't euthanize him.

Everyone must make their own conclusions. I just wanted to add some balance.

Comments